Deploying New Applications is a Top Driver for Identity and Access Management
|Richard Harris in Security Tuesday, April 19, 2016|
SecureAuth Corporation has published results of a survey on enterprise priorities within the identity and access management (IAM) market. The research was conducted in association with Decision Analyst and received responses from 230 IT security professionals in the U.S. and U.K.
When asked why their company has initiated new identity projects in the past, 55 percent of respondents across small, medium and large companies reported the deployment of new applications, including both on-premises and cloud-based applications, as the top reason. Board and/or senior management’s drive for increased application security was also cited by 50 percent of respondents as a chief reason for new identity project initiation.
Other top drivers for new project initiation of IAM solutions include:
- Compliance/audit requirements: 49 percent
- Cost savings compared to a previous solution: 44 percent
- In response to a security breach at another company: 36 percent
- Increase in prevalence of stolen or misused credentials: 34 percent
- Company had a security breach:25 percent
A majority (79 percent) of respondents indicated that plans are underway for IAM of externally focused applications, including vendor, partner and customer applications, portals and mobile apps. A breakdown of plans for investing for an IAM solution includes the following:
- 47 percent indicated that IAM investment is a currently funded priority
- 32 percent will invest in IAM in the next year
- 13 percent will invest in IAM, but do not have a specific timeframe
- 8 percent have no plans to invest in IAM
Participants in the survey had to work for a company with at least 500 employees. An online survey was conducted among decision makers for identity/access management for their companies. After screening, participants completed a 15-minute survey addressing the project objectives. The survey included both closed-end and qualitative (open-ended) questions.
Read more: https://www.secureauth.com/SecureAuth/media/Resour...