Data Science Experience from IBM gets an update
|Richard Harris in Big Data Tuesday, October 3, 2017|
IBM Analytic announces new updates for their Data Science platform, Data Science Experiment (DSX).
"With this release, we’ve focused on expanding support for external tools and doubling down on ease-of-use." said the IBM Analytics blog post.
What is IBM Data Science Experiment used for?
- Collaborate with data scientists
- Work with machine learning
- Streaming analytics tools
- Enabling developers to collaborate with other disciplines
- Manage all assets, including RStudio and data sets, from the Assets tab.
- Reserve Apache Spark resources from the new Runtimes tab in your project.
- Connect DSX Local projects to relational databases using Data sources and Remote data sets instead of Connections. (Data sources allow you to securely store information about your database and credentials.)
- Use DSX Local notebooks to retrieve data from relational databases using APIs from third party modules.
- Store objects in the file system instead of an object store.
- Configure alert thresholds, dashboard refresh, and log and metric rotations.
- Use REST APIs to manage files and folders.
- Submit an Apache Kafka streaming application that connects to a Kafka broker over SSL
"There’s an interesting pattern with technology. You see it time and again as new ideas and new capabilities come on the scene: While the futurists, journalists, and bloggers are busy touting the potential and debating the downsides, there’s always a group of actual users who simply sit down and get to work," said Vikram Murali. "Data science is no different. The hype goes on, but in the meantime the work is underway. Across every industry, dedicated data scientists are hammering through data to gain the insights that will help their organizations thrive. Along the way, those data scientists have developed strong processes to get things done - workflows, infrastructure, and ways to ingest, store, and manage the data they use."
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.