Cryptocurrency market report from HyperLinq
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
HyperLinq published its annual cryptocurrency market report for 2021 and the highlights include how the rise of NFT marketplaces exploded, that a lot more people started taking their paychecks in Bitcoin in 2021 and that blockchain networks like Ethereum became big players, plus a lot more.
2021 will be remembered as the year cryptocurrencies went mainstream with major companies, celebrities, and even nations getting onboard. What’s on the horizon for the coming year?
Cryptocurrency trading platform HyperLinq published its annual Cryptocurrency 2021 Market Overview in conjunction with Benzinga, FTX Cryptocurrency Derivatives Exchange, and Bybit.
Cryptocurrency market report for 2021
A few highlights from the report:
- Bitcoin in the mainstream: 2021 saw more people getting their paycheck in Bitcoin, plus other cryptocurrencies including Coinbase employees, politicians, athletes, and celebrities. Now, services around the globe seek to create standardized bitcoin invoices so merchants can automatically generate, send, and get paid in Bitcoin
- Upcoming blockchain networks became big players: A handful of blockchain networks, including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, TERRA, SOLANA, AVALANCHE, and FANTOM saw rapid TVL growth in 2021 and provided the stability that Bitcoin’s market volatility failed to deliver in 2021
- An NFT Love Affair: What started as a "promising technology" quickly exploded with the rise of new NFT marketplaces across various chains including OpenSea and Axie Infinity
- Looking at 2022: Gaming Finance (GameFi) and metaverse will be the key drivers to advancing the crypto industry
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more