Converting Classic Windows Apps to Web, Mobile and Cloud
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Friday, November 13, 2015|
Mobilize.Net’s WebMAP3 converts classic Windows apps into modern web applications with responsive UI that scales across form factors from PCs to Macs to iPhones, iPads, and Androids.
The company has recently announced that its WebMAP3 tool for mobilizing Windows applications now targets AngularJS/Bootstrap. In conjunction with the AngularJS framework, WebMAP3 uses Bootstrap, which provides contemporary CSS stylings and a responsive design. WebMAP3 lets developers take advantage of Bootstrap features like Alerts and Carousels to provide a more natural, modern web app user experience.
Mobilize.Net’s WebMAP3 modernization technology provides the opportunity for companies to move to Microsoft Azure and embrace the benefits of mobile and cloud computing. WebMAP3 generated apps run on all industry standard browsers including IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
With WebMAP3 companies are no longer stuck with aging PC platforms and legacy VB and C# .NET apps that are blocked from the functionality of the cloud and mobile. WebMAP3 offers a solution by modernizing legacy apps to a modern web app architecture, without runtimes. Companies can re-use valuable IP from proven application assets as part of a complete mobile, cloud, and SOA strategy for the future.
WebMAP3 helps recovers the value trapped in Windows legacy apps through translation of the business logic and workflows to current languages and cloud-ready architectures, while maintaining full functional equivalence. The platform’s automation strips out Windows UI code and converts it to HTML/JS and the backend code is converted to Web server, leaving business logic intact creating new web application based on modern, maintainable source code.
Benefits of using the platform include:
- Fast: Rewriting from scratch is risky, expensive, and lengthy. Automated migration can slash time and costs.
- Efficient: Automated migration quickly stands up a new version of existing capabilities which lets developers focus on extending and enhancing instead of re-doing.
- Low Risk: WebMAP3 conversions minimize software defects and “feature creep”, two primary causes of project failure in manual rewrites of proven, working code.
Read more: http://www.mobilize.net/webmap3
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more