Convert Windows Applications To Android Apps With hopTo Work 2.0
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
hopTo has announced the launch of hopTo Work 2.0, which offers a non coding option to evolve current Windows applications into touch friendly iOS and Android mobile apps.
The new release offers a feature set called MAX - Mobile App eXperience - a mobile technology allowing users to transform their existing Windows based applications into touch-friendly, useable mobile apps, without the need for complex modifications of the original app. This release introduces hopTo Work for Android, which brings the same secure and productive workspace to Android users.
hopTo Work was first launched in November 2014 and was built upon hopTo’s consumer application launched in 2013 to address the challenges of transporting Windows applications to mobile devices, delivering a user interface to take full advantage of the device’s native technologies.
By delivering existing Windows applications to mobile environments, hopTo Work offers BYOD functionality by providing a secure and flexible mobile workspace for accessing files, corporate email, SharePoint sites, and the organization's intranet web services and storage locations while providing full editing capabilities for Microsoft Office documents.
The initial release of the MAX technology includes the following features:
- MAXcontrol: For personalization of applications, MAXcontrol gives customers and partners the ability to customize touch-friendly features. These controls are tailored to the specific use-cases of a given application, providing access to frequently used functions. Using an administration tool within the hopTo Work Agent, IT has the ability to create these customized functions for each application they choose to mobilize.
- MAXedit: One of the biggest usability challenges with Windows apps on mobile devices is data and text entry. MAXedit simplifies that process by providing controls to allow users to navigate across a data entry form, use the clipboard to cut and paste text, select text, Select All, Previous and Next.
- MAXcam: Insert photos, scanned documents, bar codes and QR codes into a Windows application running on the server directly from a device’s camera. Run the full Windows version of inventory, asset management, event or visitor tracking software right from a mobile device. MAXcam also allows full access to Windows-based barcode scanning without the need for mobile or USB based-barcode scanners. Nothing ever resides on the device itself.
hopTo Work is priced at $99 MSRP per user as a perpetual license which includes the first year's maintenance and support. hopTo will host a series of Webinars to give more product detail and to walk both users and enterprise level clients through a product demonstration, including the new MAX feature set.
Read more: http://hopto.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more