Once they have jumped on the hybrid cloud bandwagon, companies are reporting significant returns for their efforts according to a recent survey by the IBM Center for Applied Insights. The survey received input from 500 hybrid cloud implementers from 13 countries and 23 industries, two-thirds of which said that implementing hybrid cloud environments are providing a competitive advantage.
The IBM “Growing up Hybrid: Accelerating Digital Transformation” research also identified a leading group of organizations - 26 percent of the respondents – who were using hybrid clouds to jumpstart “next-generation” initiatives.
Responses from these “Leaders” included:
Leaders bring both IT and business leaders to the table
- 8 in 10 leaders believe hybrid cloud helps reduce the amount of shadow IT within the organization
- 85 percent of leaders believe hybrid drives more collaboration between IT and Line of Business
Leaders are better at managing security and the complexity
- 85 percent of leaders believe open technologies are essential for hybrid portability and interoperability
- Leaders are over 5 times more likely to be using prescriptive or predictive real-time analytics to manage hybrid environments
- Over three-quarters of leaders use advanced automation to manage their hybrid environments
Leaders are better at improving security & protecting data
- 8 in 10 leaders are improving security and reducing risk with hybrid
- 8 in 10 leaders believe hybrid helps ensure availability and access to critical data
- 62 percent of leaders believe hybrid helps them meet compliance requirements
Read more: http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/centerforap...
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.