Companies Are Finding Success Implementing Hybrid Cloud Environments
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Once they have jumped on the hybrid cloud bandwagon, companies are reporting significant returns for their efforts according to a recent survey by the IBM Center for Applied Insights. The survey received input from 500 hybrid cloud implementers from 13 countries and 23 industries, two-thirds of which said that implementing hybrid cloud environments are providing a competitive advantage.
The IBM “Growing up Hybrid: Accelerating Digital Transformation” research also identified a leading group of organizations - 26 percent of the respondents – who were using hybrid clouds to jumpstart “next-generation” initiatives.
Responses from these “Leaders” included:
Leaders bring both IT and business leaders to the table
- 8 in 10 leaders believe hybrid cloud helps reduce the amount of shadow IT within the organization
- 85 percent of leaders believe hybrid drives more collaboration between IT and Line of Business
Leaders are better at managing security and the complexity
- 85 percent of leaders believe open technologies are essential for hybrid portability and interoperability
- Leaders are over 5 times more likely to be using prescriptive or predictive real-time analytics to manage hybrid environments
- Over three-quarters of leaders use advanced automation to manage their hybrid environments
Leaders are better at improving security & protecting data
- 8 in 10 leaders are improving security and reducing risk with hybrid
- 8 in 10 leaders believe hybrid helps ensure availability and access to critical data
- 62 percent of leaders believe hybrid helps them meet compliance requirements
Read more: http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/centerforap...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more