CollabNet Releases Updates to ALM Platform Including Agile Planning and Tracking
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Tuesday, July 29, 2014|
CollabNet, a provider of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, has released the latest version of TeamForge, an ALM platform that facilitates development and delivery efforts across the entire software lifecycle.
TeamForge 7.2 is an open ALM platform that integrates with individual teams’ favorite point tools to deliver software faster and be responsive to their business needs. Flexible process templates enable scaling of company wide tool chains and repeatable processes for consistency and operational efficiency. A collaboration architecture allows mapping of business lines and enterprise technology architectures into categories, groups and projects to drive global visibility and organizational improvement.
New reporting features take advantage of the platform’s ability to gather development activities in real time and extend that data through role-based dashboards and customizable reporting capabilities for executives, managers and development teams. Additionally, the new version of TeamForge includes Agile planning and tracking features to help to make teams more effective and a deeper integration with Git/Gerrit helps teams securely adopt the popular open source SCM tool.
TeamForge 7.2 is available now and includes the following new enhancements:
- New Lifecycle Metric Reports: A major new enhancement to TeamForge offering a full audit trail and visibility across all projects in a global organization - from “upstream agile” to “downstream ALM”, i.e., an “Idea” be it a requirement, User Story, or task through to a deployed package in production.
For instance, Cycle Time report Types tells management “how long” it takes its global project teams to translate requirements and tasks to build, test, stage and production deployments. Velocity Report Types provides management with a view as to “how much” work their global teams perform by providing insights such as task and issue burn down/up charts, commits and builds per day/week/mo., deployment frequency and more. Community Metric Reports provide organizations with a measure of “team engagement”, allowing management to measure how often the projects and tools are being accessed by global workgroups.
For organizations looking to scale Agile and DevOps initiatives, TeamForge provides visual velocity diagrams and charts, and specific metric reports for forecasting and tracking enterprise-wide progress. It also provides portfolio scope analysis and dynamic planning to identify potential bottlenecks and roadblocks early.
- Agile Planning and Management: TeamForge includes new features to better support Agile software development and DevOps at scale. This includes new Task Planning boards that can provide full traceability from planning through coding, build, test, and delivery; expanded reporting (burns, integration flow charts, artifact age reporting, commit vs. done); and automated notifications and integrated tracking.
- Full Lifecycle Traceability: TeamForge integrates distributed ALM and collaboration tools into a common platform that improves both project-level as well as enterprise wide agility while providing enterprise wide control and visibility into all development lifecycle activities. New features focus on enterprise Agile support, cross-functional reporting and tighter tracking of tasks associated with third-party development tools. The new version of Orchestrate, TeamForge’s lifecycle activity stream visualizer, now includes support for extensive work item associations, default pipeline views, and automated notifications of activity stream updates to keep project team members in sync.
- Enhanced Git Support: TeamForge now has stronger integrations with the latest releases of Git and Gerrit. For enterprise use of Git and Gerrit, new features include history rewrite resurrection, configurable Git push/history notifications, ability to permanently delete Gerrit projects and view TeamForge Project-scoped dashboards simultaneously.
Read more: http://www.collab.net/news/press/collabnet-extends...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more