Cloud Foundry Summit North America 2018 details
|Richard Harris in Events Friday, February 2, 2018|
Cloud Foundry released the initial lineup for its North America Summit in Boston, April 18-20 2018.
The North American Cloud Foundry Summit keynote line-up includes:
- Matt Curry, Director, Director of Cloud Engineering, Allstate Insurance Co.
- Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Chip Childers, CTO, Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Subbu Allamaraju, Vice President, Cloud, Expedia Inc.
- Kelsey Hightower, Staff Developer Advocate, Google
- Gabe Monroy, Lead Principal Program Manager, Containers, and Carolyn van Slyck, Senior Software Engineer, Microsoft
- Demos from the Pivotal software engineering team
- Andy Rosequist, Director of IT Operations, Zipcar
“Cloud Foundry continues to be the leading platform to deploy cloud-native apps in a multi-cloud world. Cloud Foundry Summit offers an incomparable opportunity to stay in the know about Cloud Foundry projects, use cases, and the open source ecosystem,” said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “Cloud Foundry end users are especially important to us - which is why we moved our Summit to the east coast, the home of so many large enterprises.”
The 2018 Summit in Boston reprises the conversational format so well-received on the 2017 European Summit keynote stage in Basel. Cloud Foundry Foundation’s Abby Kearns and Chip Childers will host discussions that map to the day-long themes “Ecosystem” and “Interoperability.” The interactive discussion-based style stimulates critical thinking, draws out innovative ideas, focuses more on technical specifics and highlights user stories.
In addition to day-long themes, Cloud Foundry Summit offers topic-based tracks, including a Cloud Foundry in the Enterprise track featuring end user stories and a full-day track on government use cases of Cloud Foundry.
A full list of tracks for North American Cloud Foundry Summit is as follows:
- Cloud Native Java (sponsored by IBM)
- Cloud Native.NET (sponsored by Pivotal)
- Core Projects Updates
- Experiments & Extensions
- Cloud Foundry in the Enterprise
- Operating Cloud Foundry
- Government (One Day Track)
- Wild Card (One Day Track)
The 2018 Summit comes on the heels of the record-setting 2017 Silicon Valley Summit and capacity crowd at the European Summit in Basel. With support from Platinum sponsors Google, IBM, Pivotal and SAP, the 2017 Summit in North America set new attendance records. Cloud Foundry has seen vast growth worldwide with 3,100 contributors since inception; more than 61,000 commits in the last 12 months alone; 69,500 people participating in global community events; and 65 total Foundation members. As stated in market research from Gartner, Cloud Foundry’s total market value is approximately $3.1 billion, rising to $5.25 billion in a few years.
Read more: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/event/nasummit2018/
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.