Cisco Releases APIs for its Cisco Spark Collaboration Platform
Friday, December 11, 2015
Cisco unveiled the initial set of APIs for its Cisco Spark collaboration platform (in preview) which is designed to make IT teamwork simpler by bringing teams together instantly in virtual rooms where members can send messages, share files, and meet face-to-face, all in one place.
In Spark, conversations take place in virtual meeting rooms. Some rooms are live for a few hours while others can become permanent fixtures of a team’s workflow. Spark allows conversations to flow seamlessly between messages, video calls and real-time white boarding sessions.
This preview release is focused primarily on room management and getting content in and out of Spark. With this initial set of APIs developers can:
- Create a room and invite people
- Search for people in a company
- Post messages into a room
- Get room history or be notified in real-time when new messages are posted by others
Developers can jump straight into the Spark Quick Reference to get a listing of the available API endpoints. Once you find an endpoint that looks interesting they can go to that section can make APIs requests directly from the docs and see the HTTP response from the Spark Platform. There are also tutorials and guided lessons offered in a Samples and Tutorials resource for hands on learning labs.
Read more: https://developer.ciscospark.com/index.html
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more