Caspio Releases HIPAA Compliant Enterprise Application Development Platform
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, July 31, 2014|
To deliver HIPAA compliance, Caspio upgraded its Platform-as-a-Service offering with specific technology, policies and procedures that keep electronic patient health information in compliance with regulations.
Highlights of the new Caspio HIPAA Enterprise Platform:
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA): Caspio maintains BAAs with its vendors and offers a BAA to its customers, partners and affiliates developing on the platform.
- Data Encryption: All data is encrypted during transit and while at rest within the database.
- Audit Trail: System-wide audit logs record all user access to data (read, write, edit and delete) and are encrypted in a separate environment.
- HIPAA-Compliant Infrastructure: All HIPAA customer accounts reside on an entirely separate and dedicated infrastructure running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Automatic Upgrades and Maintenance: Ongoing software upgrades and patches are automatically included in Caspio's cloud-based service.
Popular application examples include online patient portals, health insurance exchanges, clinical trial databases, and knowledge sharing.
Examples of specific use cases for the platform include:
- EMR/EHR systems
- Patient registration and check-in
- Training/certification programs
- Medical device tracking
- Knowledgebase systems
- Health insurance exchanges
- Personal Health Record (PHR) portals
- Clinical trial programs
- Resource scheduling
- Alternative health and services
Caspio’s Professional Services team is available to provide consulting and custom development expertise for companies who don’t have the in-house infrastructure to create custom applications.
Read more: http://www.caspio.com/hipaa.aspx