Built.io Adds Realtime Capabilities to its Mobile Backend as a Service (mBaaS)
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Tuesday, May 19, 2015|
Built.io has announced that it has added new capabilities to its mBaaS platform which now offers full support for cross-platform realtime integration.
The Built.io backend previously enabled near-realtime communication for web applications and select mobile use cases via its support for WebHooks. This new upgrade introduces a scalable realtime platform specifically optimized for mobile. Any application powered by Built.io Backend can now tap into bi-directional, event-based communication, which can enhance the power of mobile applications and is a prerequisite for many IoT use cases.
Developers can leverage realtime communication alongside other mobile backend capabilities, such as built-in notifications, analytics, and content management. By implementing the WebSocket protocol, events – such as changes to data in an application, or conditions reported by a sensor – can be immediately communicated across systems.
Read more: https://www.built.io/products/backend/overview
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more