Bloomberg launched a new app using Facebook's React Native Framework
|Richard Harris in HTML5 Friday, December 16, 2016|
The broad customization of the app makes monitoring your personal portfolio and receiving continuous alerts on global stock positions more effective and efficient. The app strives to meet the needs of global business and financial professionals and small-time day traders alike. In addition to this release, Bloomberg has also announced that they've built the app using Facebook's Reactive Native Framework.
With React Native, their software engineers were able to develop a streamlined, modern UX design for this new consumer mobile app with access to news, content and data that is personalized and constantly updated, as well as enhanced with both recorded and live video feeds. To create an app of this scale, their engineers needed a flexible codebase that allowed for both seamless development on iOS and Android and the ability to write native code.
React Native supported these developmental needs by enabling their engineers to code in a more unified way across the product portfolio and to develop the app in 1/2 the usual development time. The nature of the React Native codebase also allows for more automated and frequent code refreshes and will allow Bloomberg’s engineers to more quickly and efficiently make regular iterations and push out updates and new features out across mobile platforms – thereby keeping the app fresh and running smoothly in the hands of its consumers.
“The consumer mobile app was a huge endeavor because we had to transition the entire team to React Native,” says Gabriel Lew, a senior software engineer at Bloomberg who led the development team’s effort.
Features of the app:News
- Read featured and trending stories from award winning journalists on the leading business topics from around the world.
- Stay informed with updates and alerts on the latest financial and business news for companies in your Watchlist and on key events affecting the markets.
- Get the latest market data on your portfolio personalized for your region.
- Select the markets and securities that are most important to you for instant access.
- Easily track your portfolio by adding a security (stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, currencies, etc.) to your personal Watchlists.
- Track, manage and analyze personal holdings with performance charts.
- Access company details that include key statistics, financials and earnings updates.
- Watch Bloomberg Television Live which provides a comprehensive view of global business news, breaking news insights and interviews with industry leaders and market movers.
- No Cable or Satellite subscription is needed to watch Bloomberg Live TV.
- Listen to interviews and analysis from around the world in Global Finance, Business, Economics & Investment.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.