BlisMedia Adds Altitude to Mobile Advertising Data
|Richard Harris in Monetize Monday, June 22, 2015|
To provide more targeted mobile advertising options, BlisMedia is in the process of adding height (more precisely - altitude) to the data it tracks for identifying anonymous consumer location behavior. BlisMedia uses location and demographic data to define digital audiences for advertisers on its platform.
The company is developing an SDK for app publishers providing the ability to access and analyze data from the barometric sensor found in most new smartphones, via apps on the device. Barometric sensors are commonly used in mobile phones to give better GPS performance, and more powerful sensors are starting to be used in other devices including smartwatches and other wearables.
The company believes that adding altitude into its mix of location and behavioral data will deliver more context and audience understanding for mobile advertisers, helping to create new ways to map location behavior, especially within high-rise, high density cities.
At present, the BlisMedia altitude sensing technology is still in the development phase. The company hopes that soon the data will become part of its available data sets for its programmatic RTB platform.
Read more: http://www.blismedia.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more