Basho Offers Amazon S3 Enhancements to Object Storage Software
Monday, August 11, 2014
Basho, the creator and developer of the Riak distributed NoSQL database, has introduced Riak CS 1.5 and Riak CS 1.5 Enterprise, Basho’s distributed object storage software. Riak CS (cloud storage) is open source software built on top of Riak, used to build public or private clouds, or, as storage to power applications and services.
Riak CS 1.5 offers new features that improve operation, performance and scalability. Basho continues to offer enterprise-class features in Riak CS Enterprise, which includes multi-datacenter replication, 24 by 7 support and a flexible pricing model.
New functions in Riak CS include:
- Additional Amazon S3 compatibility: Expanded storage API compatibility with S3 includes features such as multi-object delete, put object copy, and cache control headers for more flexible integration with content delivery networks (CDNs).
- Performance improvement in garbage collection process: Delivered especially for customers with high rate of object updates and deletes, Riak CS now more quickly reaps objects flagged for garbage collection.
- New, simplified administrative features: New and consolidated admin features make organizational tasks easier for activities such as cluster management, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Multi-cluster support: Technology preview for increased scalability of Riak CS Enterprise by allowing multiple Riak clusters to reside under a single CS namespace, thereby expanding the maximum capacity of a single cluster.
Riak CS 1.5 is available for Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, OS X, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, SmartOS and Solaris.
Read more: http://basho.com/basho-introduces-riak-cs-1-5/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more