AWS Creates Competency Program for Third Party Mobile Services
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Monday, August 24, 2015|
As part of its AWS Partner Network (APN), AWS has recently launched a new APN Mobile Competency designation which recognizes partners that have demonstrated experience and competency with mobile development in helping AWS customers build, test, analyze, and monitor mobile apps.
APN is a tiered program comprised of consulting and technology partners, who graduate through the tiers based on their level of engagement with AWS. In addition, partners can join fundamental programs such as the new APN Mobile Competency.
Among the prerequisites to be a part of the APN Mobile Competency include:
- Product or solution runs on AWS and is used by mobile customers to build, test, or monitor mobile applications or mobile back-end solutions.
- A product or solution that integrates or extends the functionality of AWS Mobile Services, including: AWS Mobile SDK, Amazon Cognito, Amazon Mobile Analytics, Amazon SNS Mobile Push, AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Device Farm.
- Ability to demonstrate product or solution can support 3 or more AWS regions.
- Product approved by AWS Architect Review Board.
- Product or solution meets AWS Security Best Practices.
APN Mobile Competency launch partners include:
- Developer Tools & Components: These partners accelerate project creation with tools and components to assist with each lifecycle stage of software development. Launch partners are Kony Solutions, Twilio, SecureAuth, Xamarin, and Auth0.
- Testing & Performance Management: These partners facilitate application testing and monitoring, and get insights into the stability and integrity of the application and its architecture. The first launch partner is Crittercism.
- Analytics & User Engagement: These partners strive to understand user activity, anticipate future behaviors, and increase user engagement. Launch partners are Taplytics, Tableau, and Looker.
- App Development & Consulting: These partners provide assistance with application development, help to validate best practices, and conduct analysis on architecture and implementation decisions. Launch partners are Accenture, Slalom Consulting, Class method, Concrete Solutions, Mobiquity, and NorthBay Solutions.
Read more: http://aws.amazon.com/mobile/partner-solutions/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more