AppGameKit Now Offers HTML5 Version of Game Development Engine
|Richard Harris in HTML5 Thursday, June 9, 2016|
The Game Creators, the team behind the AppGameKit instant game development engine, have announced the launch of an AppGameKit HTML5 version.
The new functionality leverages the latest HTML5 Hypertext Markup Language which now fully supports native execution of 3D games content, which means no more plugins to install. With the new version of AppGameKit, developers can export directly to HTML5 compatible files which can be run locally or uploaded to a server, allowing users to play apps and games instantly through their browser. With the functionality of WebGL, users can run 3D games under hardware acceleration and optionally switch to full screen.
To check out the new functionality the team suggests checking out Towerbots AppGameKit HTML5 game by French indie developers Dracaena Studio.
As a platform, the AppGameKit offers an instant game development engine targeting beginners, hobbyists and indie developers. It provides a way to code and build apps/games for multiple platforms using AppGameKit's basic scripting system.
AppGameKit also caters to advanced developers, providing the ability to use the AppGameKit C++ libraries and benefit from all the features of AppGameKit's core game engine.
Read more: http://www.appgamekit.com/HTML5/Towerbots/Towerbot...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more