Apperian Offers Enterprise Developers New Pre Production Mobile App Testing Service
|Richard Harris in iOS Thursday, August 21, 2014|
Apperian is offering a new solution to allow employees to contribute to testing pre-production business-to-employee (B2E) and business-to-consumer (B2C) mobile apps.
This new offering leverages Apperian’s enterprise mobility platform and is specifically designed to help enterprises consistently deliver high quality mobile apps that users want to download, install and use, while significantly speeding time-to-market.
User acceptance testing is a phase of the development process that can be difficult to scale. With Apperian’s new testing offering, any number of employees and contractors can be part of a user acceptance test process. One obvious advantage is the ability to receive a clearer understanding of how apps will perform in the market as they are tested by a broad group that actually represents real end-users.
Apperian’s platform can be used for B2C or B2E apps prior to general release. Apperian’s approach for supporting app testing can help boost app store ratings as a result of broader, faster pre-production capabilities that deliver higher quality apps.
Apperian’s mobile app testing capabilities include:
- Over-the-air auto app updates: Ensures that testers always have the most up-to-date version of the app. Users are automatically prompted to download the latest version, which will install without requiring a tester to plug the device into a PC.
- App remote control: Developers and administrators can remotely watch and control the app being tested on a tester’s iOS device for support, troubleshooting, and usability analysis.
- Self-registration: Allows users to self-register to be a tester without requiring device ID codes or any special device-centric enrollment.
- Usage reporting: Detailed reporting chronicles how often users are actually using the app.
- Centralized, end-user feedback collection: Users are provided a familiar process for giving feedback on an app being tested as if they were leaving comments in iTunes or Google Play. These comments are associated with specific versions of the app and are centrally collected by the Apperian platform for review by developers and product owners.
- Crash-log reporting: If an app crashes, the debug information is centrally collected in a secure manner within the Apperian platform and available for diagnostic review.
Read more: http://www.apperian.com/mobile-application-managem...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more