Appcelerator Launches New Cloud Based Service for Building APIs
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Monday, April 6, 2015|
Appcelerator has released Appcelerator Platform 4.0 which introduces a new service called Arrow, offering framework for building APIs, with a scalable cloud service for running them.
Arrow forms the backbone of the Appcelerator Platform’s MBaaS. It consists of two primary components - Builder and Cloud. Arrow Builder lets developers assemble APIs, data models and data connectors either via visual wizard or programmatically. Arrow Cloud delivers an on-demand cloud service for running APIs and analyzing their use. It also provides push notifications, as well as a new schema-less data store called ArrowDB.
In addition to Arrow, the new 4.0 platform release includes:
- Apple WatchKit + support for Extensions: Provides the ability to embed Share Extensions and WatchKit Extensions (built natively in Xcode) in Titanium apps.
- Support for Windows native apps: Currently in preview and leveraging HAL, the latest release adds Windows (alongside iOS and Android) as a supported native format.
- New Platform Marketplace: With Arrow, Appcelerator is launching a new Marketplace accessible to all platform users to sell or share reusable API components and data connectors alongside client app modules and extensions.
Appcelerator is also launching a new on-demand model for the Appcelerator Platform. The new model means that organizations of any size, from independent developers to large enterprises, can gain access to all the platform capabilities The company has also launched Appcelerator University, an online source of videos, tips, tutorials, Q&A’s and best practices.
Read more: http://www.appcelerator.com/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more