App Annie Report Shows Japan Exploding in App Usage Growth
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Tuesday, December 17, 2013|
Major aspects of the report include the finding that Japan is the only major company where Google Play is on equal footing with iOS on revenue terms. The report shows that in the last year, Google Play app revenue has caught up with iOS in Japan, compared to the rest of the world where iOS app revenue is well over double that of Google Play on an aggregate basis.
The game revenue growth that has catapulted Japan to the number one spot has been mostly driven by just five publishers including messaging publisher LINE and Puzzle & Dragons publisher GungHo.
The trends offered in the report seem to indicate that the Japanese app market will continue to rapidly expand. To get the full report, which is available in both English and Japanese, click the link below.
Read more: http://blog.appannie.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more