ApacheCon Apache Open Source Conference Will Be in Austin April 13 17
|Stuart Parkerson in Events Thursday, March 19, 2015|
ApacheCon North America brings developers and users together to explore issues and provide educational experiences for building open source solutions. The Apache community is among the most robust in open source with hundreds of thousands of applications deploying Apache Software Foundation (ASF) products and code contributions by more than 3,500 committers from around the world.
The developers, programmers, committers and users utilizing these tools will meet in Austin at the Hyatt Austin on April 13-17, 2015, for collaboration, education and community building. ApacheCon brings together the open source community to learn about and collaborate on the technologies and projects driving the future of open source, big data and cloud computing.
This three day technical conference will bring together 500+ attendees and offer over 100 conference sessions across a variety of open source topics covering Apache projects, as well as keynotes, lightning talks, hackathons, meetups and more.
ApacheCon North America also offers content across a wide array of co-located events including:
- Apache Ignite Training Day, with experts from GridGain providing information about Apache Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric.
- Apache Spark Mini-Summit, offering a full day of sessions dedicated to Apache Spark - the fast and general engine for large-scale data processing.
- Apache Traffic Server Summit, bringing together developers and community participants to discuss the fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
- BarCampApache, an ‘unconference’ with no set schedule, facilitated by those involved in various Apache projects.
- CloudStack Days Austin, the place to learn more about CloudStack and join developers to discuss its past, present and future.
Registration includes access to the following evening networking events:
- Attendee Party, Old School Bar & Grill
- Booth Crawl & Happy Hour
- Lightning Talks & Free Beer
- Women of ASF luncheon
It all centers around Apache projects, which has and continues to be influential in the innovation and development of software development across a plethora of categories from content, databases and servers, to big data, cloud, mobile and virtual machine. Apache products power more than 400 million Websites and countless mission-critical applications worldwide. More than a dozen Apache projects form the foundation of today's cloud computing, and Apache software continues to play a key role in the evolution of big data. Five of the top 10 open source downloads are Apache projects.
The event is hosted by the Linux Foundation and the Apache Software Foundation with support by a number of industry representatives interested in growing open source initiatives.
Read more: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon...