Apache Big Data North America Conference Will Be Held May 912 in Vancouver
|Stuart Parkerson in Big Data Monday, March 7, 2016|
Canada’s Vancouver, British Columbia will be the center of the Big Data universe on May 9-12 as the city hosts the Apache: Big Data North America conference bringing together people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science all gathering for education and collaboration.
From Hadoop and Spark to Kafka and Bigtop, Apache projects are driving Big Data platforms. Apache: Big Data North America will cover the issues, technologies, techniques and best practices that are shaping the data ecosystem across a wide range of industries including finance, business, manufacturing, government and academia, media, energy and retail.
Some of the projects represented at Apache: Big Data North America include:
- Cassandra (http://cassandra.apache.org/)
- Hadoop (https://hadoop.apache.org/)
- Spark (https://spark.apache.org/)
- Ignite (https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/)
- Solr (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/)
- Kafka (http://kafka.apache.org/)
- Bigtop (http://bigtop.apache.org/)
- Crunch (https://crunch.apache.org/)
- Flink (https://flink.apache.org/)
- Slider (http://slider.incubator.apache.org/)
The cost to attend is $599US through March 12, $799US through April 10, and then $999US up to the day of event and for onsite registration. For those planning to attend the co-located ApacheCon North America 2016 on May 11 - 13, 2016 there is an add-on option for a discounted fee of $399 US (discount available only to Apache: Big Data North America attendees).
Read more: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-bi...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more