Android Studio 2.0 Preview Now Includes Instant Run Feature
|Richard Harris in Android Monday, November 23, 2015|
Google has released Android Studio 2.0, which includes an Instant Run feature to help improve the development workflow. Android Studio’s new Instant Run feature allows developers to quickly see changes running on a device or emulator.
Profiling OpenGL ES Android code is now easier with the GPU Profiler in Android Studio. The tool is in early preview and shows details about the GL State and Commands, providing the ability to record entire sessions and walk through the GL Framebuffer and Textures as an app is running OpenGL ES Code.
The Android team will be streaming over 16 hours of content from the inaugural Android Developer Summit on this week and together with Codelabs, all of this content will be available online after the Summit concludes.
Android Studio 2.0 is available now on the Android Studio canary channel.
Read more: http://tools.android.com/download/studio/canary/la...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more