Altova Updates Developer Tools for XML, SQL, and UML
|Richard Harris in Programming Wednesday, October 7, 2015|
Altova has released of Version 2016 of its MissionKit desktop developer tools and server software products including software for XML, SQL, and UML; workflow automation server products; and a cross-platform mobile development platform.
This latest release of MissionKit introduces new functionality including a graphical JSON Schema editor, a MapForce Data Mapping Debugger for diagnosing and perfecting data mapping projects, Windows 10 support and updated database support across the product line.
MissionKit 2016 includes:
- XMLSpy: XML editor
- MapForce: Any-to-any graphical data mapping tool
- StyleVision: Visual report designer for XML, SQL, & XBRL
- UModel: UML tool for software modeling
- DiffDog: Diff/merge tool for files, directories, & databases
- DatabaseSpy: Multi-database tool & SQL editor
- SchemaAgent: XML-based file management tool
Highlights of the release include:
- JSON Schema Editor: Developers can build JSON Schemas with the JSON Schema Editor in XMLSpy offering a full-featured, graphical, drag and drop JSON Schema editor that speeds schema generation, development, and validation for developers working with JSON. New support for JSON Schema-based validation also allows intelligent editing and validation of JSON instance documents in the XMLSpy JSON editor.
- Integration with Installed Raptor XML Servers: Developers will receive benefits from parallel processing on multi-core RaptorXML Servers for fast XSLT and XQuery execution inside XMLSpy.
- Data Mapping Debugger: The MapForce 2016 debugger is an interactive debugger that lets developers examine mapping output step by step to diagnose and perfect projects of any complexity and now provides deeper insight into the exact inner workings of data integration and ETL projects.
- Updated Support for C# 5 and Java 8: UModel, Altova’s UML tool for software modeling and application development, now supports the most recent versions of source code languages C# and Java.
- Windows 10 compatibility: MissionKit 2016 is now fully compatible with Windows 10.
- Database support: Support for relational database types across the product line has been updated to include support for Firebird databases. In addition, existing support for numerous databases across the product line has been updated to include the newest versions: IBM DB2 10.5, SQL Server 2014, PostgreSQL 9.4, MySQL 5.6, and Oracle 12C.
- Visual Studio 2015: XMLSpy supports integration with the Visual Studio IDE and now includes Visual Studio 2015.
Read more: http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.html