AI code personalization tool from Anima
Monday, February 5, 2024
Anima has brought AI personalization to developers, automatically customizing the code they produce so it resembles their style, saving significant editing time, and with more features including presets, code samples, GenAI code automation, SEO optimizations, naming conventions, and tons more.
Anima announced AI Code Personalization which leverages generative AI in their code-generation engine. This feature empowers developers to automatically customize the code they produce so it resembles their coding style, significantly saving editing time. Anima’s code personalization is now available in the Anima Figma Plugin and in Figma’s Dev Mode.
In June 2023, Anima co-launched Figma’s Dev Mode, a new interface for developers in Figma with dedicated design-to-code features enabling easy navigation, design inspection, and tracking of changes made to the design. Anima’s AI Personalization is another step towards its goal of offering the full life cycle of end-to-end development of digital experiences like web apps and websites.
AI Code Personalization from Anima
According to McKinsey, generative AI is set to create the highest economic impact on code automation, speeding up developer work to increase productivity by 20% to 45% of current annual spend on the function, equating to the potential saving of $900B per year across corporate IT and product. However, for front-end and UX design, pure LLMs cannot convert designs to code (LLMs are Text to Text) and pure multimodals such as GPT-4V and Bard (Gemini) lack fidelity, so code can be created from visual specs, but it doesn’t look the same. In addition, genAI code is often broken or unrunnable as-is. Combining Anima’s pixel-perfect, high-end code with the capabilities of LLMs results in high-end personalized code that is tested, healed, and low on errors.
"Anima already produces a pixel-perfect code that runs out of the box, right out of Figma. Now, this code generation gets the superpowers of genAI, so developers can turn any Figma into pixel-perfect runnable code that mimics the way they write code, and they can make things work automatically. By further automating design system management, products and features can be created faster and with greater consistency," says Avishay Cohen, CEO of Anima.
Anima's AI-powered design-to-code features
- Personalization allows free text instructions, code samples, or pre-made presets.
- Solves the need to serve relevant code according to the team’s conventions: Accessibility features, SEO optimizations, naming conventions, etc.
- Embraces the power of GenAI to take another step with code automation: Automatically adds responsive behavior, animations, logic, states, etc.
- Customized instructions may be applied to an entire project or even a specific component.
Future Anima product updates in 2024 include personalization presets for common usage; automation for users logging in with GitHub where Anima simply understands their coding conventions; AI Chat on Anima’s new online code playground, and integrating with legacy/existing code-base.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more