AEVI Introduces New Android Based Point of Sale Device
|Richard Harris in Android Monday, May 9, 2016|
AEVI has launched a new portable payment terminal product based on the Android operating system. The tablet point of sale (POS) device, called ‘Albert’, gives companies a platform to manage a range of business functions and accept a number of different forms of secure payments.
The Albert POS device provides the ability for retailers to customize the device by only running specific applications that are required for their business. Should their business evolve, they can access a dedicated app store to download additional apps, or develop new apps to answer a specific requirement. The tablet device accepts all standard payment methods that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements: EMV chip and PIN, swipe and sign and near field communication (NFC) contactless payments.
AEVI worked with FIME, a provider of end-to-end transaction solutions and mobile services, which provided consultancy and project management services throughout the development and roll-out of the product. It supported AEVI during the radio frequency antenna design to enable contactless payments acceptance, and the EMV Level 1 payment terminal kernel development.
The new device’s functionality includes:
- E-mailing receipts and invoices
- Allowing customers to open accounts they can pay off later
- Recording and tracking daily, weekly and yearly payments
- Collecting business analytics and insights.
Read more: http://www.aevi.com/albert.html
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more