Acumos AI Challenge sponsors to give out $100k in prizes
|Richard Harris in Artificial Intelligence Thursday, July 26, 2018|
New Acumos AI Challenge sponsors have pledged to give out $100K in prizes and finalists will have the opportunity to go to San Francisco to pitch their solutions.
AT&T and Tech Mahindra have announced that they will be sponsoring the Acumos AI Challenge, an open source developer competition that seeks innovative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions.
Working with The Linux Foundation, the companies encourage students, developers and data scientists to submit their ground-breaking AI solutions for the chance to win prize money and industry recognition. All eligible AI solutions will be available as open source in the Acumos Marketplace. Register here.
AT&T and Tech Mahindra will award $100,000 in prizes, and the finalists will have the chance to travel to San Francisco to pitch their solutions on Sept. 11. Finalists could also have their models featured in the Acumos Marketplace and win meetings with AT&T and Tech Mahindra executives.
Acumos AI is a Linux Foundation platform and open source framework that makes it easy to build, share and use AI applications. The platform, hosted by The Linux Foundation’s LF Deep Learning Foundation, simplifies development. and provides a marketplace for accessing, using and enhancing AI apps.
AT&T and Tech Mahindra created the Acumos AI Challenge to enable and speed AI adoption and innovation. It also recognizes developers who are paving the future of AI.
The Acumos AI Challenge is seeking AI solutions across:
- 5G & SDN: Apps that improve the overall performance and efficiencies of 5G networks and software-defined networking.
- Media & Entertainment: AI models targeting use in media or entertainment. Examples include solutions for broadcast media, internet, film, social media, ad campaign analysis, video and image recognition, speech and sound recognition, video insight tools and more.
- Security: AI apps around network security like advanced threat protection, cybersecurity, IoT security, etc.
- Enterprise Solutions: AI models targeting enterprise use, like solutions for automotive, home automation, infrastructure and IoT.
“We’re thrilled to host this challenge. This is an opportunity to recognize those who are leading the way in AI development,” said Mazin Gilbert, vice president of Advanced Technology, AT&T Labs. “We can’t wait to see what inventive solutions come from cross-collaboration and ultimately enable us to create global harmony in AI.”
“The Acumos AI Challenge is an exciting forum for bright minds to come together and co-create cutting-edge solutions for the future,” said Ashish Julka, senior vice president at Tech Mahindra. “This initiative will yield innovative ideas to speed AI adoption across businesses and help address large problems in the marketplace.”
“The Acumos AI Challenge provides a great incentive for developers and data scientists to look at new and creative ways to use and share AI applications and models across industries,” said Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin. “This is what the Acumos AI project was first created to do, and we applaud AT&T and Tech Mahindra for stepping up to encourage and accelerate adoption, collaboration, and sharing.”
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more