Accenture and AWS Team Up to Create New Cloud Consulting Group
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Accenture and Amazon Web Services are creating a new “Accenture AWS Business Group” that brings individuals from each company with expertise in cloud solutions architecture and development, marketing, sales, and business development.
The business group will offer integrated consulting and technology solutions designed to offer an “as-a-service” operating model where IT and business services are delivered on-demand, via the AWS Cloud.
The Accenture AWS Business Group was established to help organizations evolve internal processes, reorganize internal IT teams, re-tool legacy solutions, and extract value from the data their businesses are collecting. The business group will develop and deliver a suite of services and solutions that unify business process re-engineering, application migration services, architecture design and application development for the AWS Cloud.
Accenture and AWS will be investing significant resources over several years in the development of new services and technology solutions including application migration and development, cloud-based enterprise applications, and analytics and Big Data solutions.
In the first year the business group will train 1,000 Accenture professionals and certify 500 Accenture professionals on AWS technologies, methodologies, automated tools for application migration, and software-as-a-service applications for big data management and analytics.
Initially, the Accenture AWS Business Group will focus on two main business areas, with plans to introduce additional solutions in the future:
- Transformation Services Optimized for AWS: The business group will provide services to clients to move their existing applications to and develop new applications on AWS quickly, economically, and securely. The services include cloud strategy, organizational and architecture design, application migration, refactoring, and new application development services. A dedicated AWS application development and migration ‘factory’ will automate processes to help businesses run more efficiently.
- Analytics and Big Data Services, powered by AWS: The Accenture Insights Platform will be expanded to integrate AWS data and analytics capabilities. This will allow customers with compliance and regulatory requirements to better manage the end-to-end data lifecycle from data migration, curation, normalization, and analytics.
The business group will also explore the creation of new services in high growth areas such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Security on the AWS Cloud.
Read more: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-accenture-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more