Xojo Adds 64 Bit Support for iOS
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
It's going to become the norm across most platforms to build a 64-bit app for submission. Overall the only things developers will have to worry about is making sure they have the 64-bit "switch" flipped, and whether or not the platform they are using to build apps with supports building for 64-bit app files.
Xojo, Inc today announced the availability of Xojo 2015 Release 1, a new release of their multi-platform rapid development tool. It now includes the ability to develop both 32-bit and 64-bit native iOS applications. This latest release adds 170 general updates and 4 new features. In addition to the iOS improvements, this release also adds a multitude of IDE improvements, language improvements and an updated version of SQLite. The Xojo platform currently serves over 280,000 users worldwide.
This latest release adds 170 general updates and 4 new features. In addition to the iOS improvements, this release also adds a multitude of IDE improvements, language improvements and an updated version of SQLite.
Xojo 2015 Release 1 feature highlights include:
- iOS builds are now created as Universal Binaries containing both 32-bit and 64-bit parts as required to meet Apple's new App Store submission requirements
- A new TargetARM constant for conditional compilation
- IDE improvements, including preference for searching, 1024x1024 icon sizes and better display of debugger values for pictures and arrays* Language improvements, such as an added Parse method to Integer, Double and Single data types
- SQLite updated to 3.8.8
Read more: http://www.xojo.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more