Epic Games is Offering Developers Up to $50,000 Per Project for Unreal Engine 4 Game Development
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Epic has created a $5,000,000 game development fund to provide financial grants to projects built in and around Unreal Engine 4 with awards ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. Epic says that there are no strings attached and game developers can continue to own their own IP, are free to publish however they wish, and can use the grant funds without any restrictions or obligations to Epic.
The grants are open to games of all kinds on all platforms from developers anywhere in the world. In addition to games, Epic is looking for animated features, architectural visualizations, marketplace content, mods, and more.
To apply for the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide an overview of your project. Send videos, links, and any other info you think is relevant. If your project is still in the design or idea phase they suggest moving towards a working prototype before sending a sponsorship request.
Read more: https://www.unrealengine.com/unrealdevgrants
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more