Apex Legends Mobile Hyperbeat event
|Freeman Lightner in Events Tuesday, August 23, 2022|
EA and Respawn Entertainment announced the Apex Legends Mobile event that features the arrival of the surveillance expert Crypto, new battle passes, map updates, Kings Canyon updates, new VIP supply bins, new ranked split and Ranked Rewards, plus so much more.
EA and Respawn Entertainment are pleased to announce a brand new event for Apex Legends Mobile. The Hyperbeat event launched with lots of hot new features to explore. In addition to the arrival of Legend Crypto, the Hyperbeat event also included a brand new ranked split, new events, a new Battle Pass, and updates to core systems.
Hyperbeat event updates
Fans may already be familiar with Crypto, but for the uninitiated, he is a brilliant hacker and encryption expert who specializes in secrets. At the core of his abilities are his aerial drones, which have been redesigned for Apex Legends Mobile to follow Crypto and automatically track nearby enemies for periods of time. These drones spy on their opponents in the Apex Arena without being seen to discover their secrets. But Crypto has many secrets of his own…
In Apex Legends Mobile, Crypto has three key abilities including:
- Passive: Neurolink - Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone - Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP - Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies, and disables traps.
Crypto also features a set of unique Legend Perks, which include:
- Self Destruct: Destroyed drones explode after 3s, slowing and damaging enemies caught in the blast.
- Hidden User: Become semi-transparent when controlling drones.
- System Scan: Your drone reveals an enemy's HP and armor after 3s of scanning.
- Shut Down: Your Ultimate also damages HP but cannot kill an enemy.
- Lag Bomb: Your drone can launch an EMP bomb that slows and deals damage.
- Salvage Operation: Your drone can retrieve items.
- Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Restart: Using your Finisher instantly repairs your drone or reduces your Ultimate's cooldown by 30%.
- Interrogator: Using your Finisher reveals the location of your target's squad on the mini map.
The Apex Legends Mobile Hyperbeat event includes some Kings Canyon updates, and a new town takeover in the Pythas Theater, where you will fight your way through Rhapsody’s POI-altering song to claim your reward! New VIP supply bins can also be found all across Kings Canyon which will allow you to collect your VIP pass and gain access to crates containing powerful gear.
With the release of Hyperbeat, Apex Legends Mobile is introducing a new ranked split as well as adding in additional Ranked Rewards. With that, the game is going to be resetting your rank like at the beginning of Distortion, similar to the reset that occurred at the beginning of the previous season. Additionally, new Ranked rewards will be available to the higher ranks.
In addition to all this great new content coming to Apex Legends Mobile, players can expect a host of improvements, and updates, all of which can be found in the patch notes: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/apex-legends-mobile/news/hyperbeat-patch-notes
Apex Legends Mobile is a strategic battle royale game that features a unique twist on the Legendary character-based gameplay, best-in-class squad battles, and fast-paced combat that cemented the game’s place as one of the world’s top shooters, all in a mobile package.
For more information on Apex Legends Mobile please visit: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/apex-legends-mobile
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more