Mobile Helix Survey Shows Large Enterprise CIO’s Are Concerned With Incorporating Mobility
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Saturday, August 10, 2013|
In the survey 87% of CIOs indicated employees want increased access to enterprise data and applications through mobile. Respondents also said that they could expect up to a 36% increase in productivity through the mobilization of enterprise applications.
The average number of custom and packaged applications housed within a company was found to be over 400 with 71% of CIO’s having processes already in place to mobilize applications, and another 20% with future plans to do so. However, only 22% of these companies’ enterprise applications were currently mobilized, even though over 50% of their applications were browser based and could be mobilized with relative simplicity.
The survey a number of reasons that holding back enterprise mobilization including: 61% cited development costs delays; 63% pointing to security issues; and 48% concerned with ongoing support of mobile efforts.
Read more: http://www.mobilehelix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more