Microsoft Opens the Azure Container Service to Windows Server Developers in Limited Preview
Thursday, July 7, 2016
The Microsoft Azure team has announced a limited preview of Azure Container Service for Windows Server containers. With this preview, Microsoft is opening the Azure Container Service to Windows Server developers for the first time.
Azure Container Service is designed for enterprises, ISVs and startups looking to quickly put containers into production. It combines Azure’s infrastructure with a two choices of open source container orchestration technology - DC/OS or Docker Swarm.
To provision a container service, users select the VM cluster size, DC/OS or Swarm, and the Azure region, and the container service handles everything else. This preview of Windows Server containers under the Azure Container Service currently only supports Docker Swarm as the orchestrator.
Read more: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/contain...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more