Cloud Services 5,209 views
Posted Friday, June 10, 2016 by RICHARD HARRIS, Executive Editor
READ MORE: http://community.hpe.com/t5/Grounded-in-the-Cloud/...
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has announced a number of updates to its HPE Helion Cloud platform which provides a multi-cloud management and cloud native application platform.
Helion includes full-stack infrastructure automation to enable delivery of secure IT services and applications, and provides a common self-service storefront for IT and developers. It provides a secure and compliant multi-cloud cloud management platform (CMP) for private, public, hybrid and managed clouds.
The platform includes a complete certified Cloud Foundry, container-based development environment, HPE Stackato, which supports DevOps processes for traditional and cloud-native applications. And it also includes HPE Helion OpenStack to provide the ability to build and deploy open source private cloud environments.
Included in the platform updates:
HPE Helion Cloud Suite
A new software suite providing the ability to deliver and manage their full spectrum of applications - from traditional, virtualized, cloud native and containers - across a broad range of infrastructure environments.
The HPE Helion Cloud Suite brings together a full range of hybrid cloud capabilities into a single software offering. HPE Helion Cloud Suite includes full-stack automation to enable delivery of IT services and applications, and provides a common self-service storefront for IT and developers. It also includes a development environment supporting DevOps processes for traditional and cloud-native applications.
The platform combines a complete set of operations management capabilities, cloud orchestration, big data analytics and service based compliance, enabling enterprises to design, deliver and manage IT services across multi-vendor traditional IT, private, public and managed cloud environments.
HPE Helion Cloud Suite also ships with HPE Helion Stackato and HPE Helion OpenStack 3.0, which features improved configurability and tighter controls.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10
Offers an engineered hardware and software solution to build and deploy an enterprise grade cloud environment for a full range of workloads and offering integration with HPE OneView 3.0 for automatic provisioning of cloud resources from bare metal infrastructure.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 is the foundational building block for both private and hybrid clouds. It is an engineered hardware and software solution that delivers hosting, automation and orchestration of traditional and cloud-native workloads. This pre-integrated solution, brings together HPE resources in hardware, storage, networking, software and services into one package.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 is fully-integrated with HPE OneView 3.0, HPE's infrastructure management software, providing the ability to discover, manage and designate cloud resource tiers by leveraging the underlying hardware characteristics. This enables efficient utilization of infrastructure by allowing developers and other cloud consumers to target the right infrastructure for the right workloads. Cloud operators can also provision physical servers or virtual clusters as resources directly from the HPE Helion CloudSystem management console.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 also includes HPE Helion OpenStack 3.0, HPE Cloud Service Automation 4.6, as well as HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 to provide a full infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and PaaS capabilities.
HPE Helion Stackato 4.0
An open application development platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution, powered by Cloud Foundry, designed to speed the delivery of cloud native applications.
HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 is an open multi-cloud PaaS solution for building cloud native applications that integrate across traditional and new environments. Designed for customers who are transforming and optimizing their applications for the cloud, HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 provides developers with a solution that is built on Helion Cloud Foundry, a certified Cloud Foundry core, offering continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflow and extensibility to new and existing application services.
With HPE Helion Stackato 4.0, developers can use any technology stack to build applications that are resilient, scalable and deployable. For operators HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 offers centralized monitoring, logging and a multi-cloud control plane.
HPE Cloudline 3100 Server
The CL3100 meets cloud service providers' dense storage requirements for Hadoop/Cassandra/compute workloads. The CL3100 (1U) storage server is 75 percent smaller than the CL5200 storage server (4U), requiring a smaller footprint.
New HPE Technology Services
HPE Technology Services introduced new offerings including:
- HPE Workload Portability Services help customers achieve their right mix and place each workload according to agility, privacy, security, compliance, cost and performance needs. This accelerated process will discover and analyze the workloads, using HPE intellectual property that provides advanced pattern recognition, to group and categorize workloads to simplify the task of portfolio evaluation.
- Workload Modernization Consulting Services provide customers the experience required to modernize and move workloads (data, apps, OS/middleware) to new architectures and platforms through standardization, consolidation, upgrade, virtualization, migration and automation. With this new service customers can improve time to value by optimizing end-to-end lifecycle of existing workloads (e.g., increase application quality and release frequency) leveraging DevOps tools and platforms.
- HPE Cloud Native Agile Development service helps customers build and architect the right environment and integrate cloud-native applications and databases leveraging HPE Helion Stackato and containers technologies.
- HPE Cloud Broker Consulting service provides expertise to help customers design and build their IT broker organization. Starting with a discovery service that identifies current IT and cloud usage, it drives a process to help organizations define the policies and procedures and implementation plan required to build and manage a broker model.
- There are also new enhancements to HPE Helion Managed Cloud and HPE Cloud Services Broker services to help enterprises improve control over their hybrid infrastructure.
The HPE Helion Cloud Suite, HPE Helion CloudSystem 10, HPE Helion Stackato 4.0, HPE Helion Cloudline 3100 are targeted for availability in the second half of 2016.
READ MORE: http://community.hpe.com/t5/Grounded-in-the-Cloud/...