Unity Releases New Subscription Pricing Models for Game Developers
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Unity has released new subscription-based pricing models which will include all Unity platforms, iOS and Android add-ons. The new pricing levels are:
- Unity Personal: (Free) Includes all platforms to anyone with funding or revenues of less than $100,000 USD per year. Includes Unity Ads through a revenue stream plus base-level analytics feature.
- Unity Plus: ($35/month for a 12 month plan or $49/month for a monthly plan) Includes all platforms - with annual commitment - $100k revenue cap. This is a new product for the game developer who wants to optimize their first try at launching a game but aren't quite at Pro level. Includes specifically designed asset store project packs with assets to accelerate game production, game performance reporting to optimize game code before launch, and real-time data feeds from Unity Analytics in addition to other features.
- Unity Pro: Includes all platforms - $125 per month with annual commitment (no revenue cap).
- Unity Enterprise: For large organizations wanting source code and enterprise support. Unity Enterprise is purchased through a Unity representative with pricing upon request.
- Pay to own option: Unity will be offering pay to own Pro products for customers who want to keep their version of Unity at the end of their subscription period. Existing perpetual customers will be able to purchase either a 24 or 36 month prepaid subscription to Pro that allows them to keep the software as a perpetual version at the end of their commitment period. The 36 month prepaid pay to own option will be available to new customers as well. Pricing for the pay to own options is to be announced.
Read more: http://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/05/31/new-products-a...
Looney Tunes is back in a fun mobile format Monday, August 20, 2018
Using GitHub in the classroom helps developers feel more included Friday, August 17, 2018
AI social network Hibe launches using Oracle Cloud Friday, August 17, 2018
Mobile publisher Gismart teams up with Appodeal Friday, August 17, 2018
Mobile game developers get another playable ads platform choice Thursday, August 16, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you