Cape Integrates Facebook Live API to Drove Video Technology
|Richard Harris in API Saturday, April 16, 2016|
Cape announced that it has integrated its drone video technology with the newly launched Facebook Live API to live stream high-quality aerial video directly to Facebook. Cape's enterprise iPad application controls drone flights and streams live footage to licensed pilots overseeing the operation.
The integration with the Facebook Live API will allow Cape customers to broadcast live footage from the Cape app directly to Facebook to be watched in real-time. Cape’s new Facebook Live API integration for streaming drone video is proprietary and presents a host of future commercial applications for the company.
The Cape announcement was made at the Facebook F8 developer conference in conjunction with the announcement of the availability of the Facebook Live API. The Facebook Live API provides the ability to:
- Stream video from more than just a smartphone: The Live API allows developers to build video streams that mix multiple video and audio sources and introduce special effects. These can also include programmatic sources like games or screencasts.
- Create new ways to interact with viewers: When combining the Live API with Facebook’s Graph API, developers gain access to live video’s comments, reactions, and mentions. This information can be used to reflect viewer engagement in real time and create on-screen graphics that show live poll results, analyze comments, and enable comment moderation.
- Go live from a standalone camera, drones and more: The Live API can enable live videos through seamless hardware integrations. Hardware manufacturers can integrate with the Live API to let people go live directly from their devices.
Read more: https://media.fb.com/2016/04/12/introducing-the-fa...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more