Cisco Launches New Cloud Based TV Video Solutions
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Monday, September 21, 2015|
Cisco has launched new suite of cloud-powered video solutions to provide TV experiences to multiple screens, utilizing one cloud, on any access network, within the home and on mobile.
The two new services, Infinite Home and Infinite Video, deliver full-featured linear, on-demand and time-shift TV video experiences as part of Cisco’s “Infinite” cloud video entertainment solutions that deliver live, linear, on-demand, and over-the-top video services to multiple screens.
Infinite Home provides the ability to reach any screen over two-way cable and telco networks and Infinite Video provides access to a variety of consumer electronics devices via unmanaged ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) Internet connections.
Infinite solutions are pre-integrated to minimize time to deploy, and use open-source components and offer open APIs to enable faster integration and customization. Whether publishers choose to deploy Infinite Video or Infinite Home, private cloud or public cloud, they can evolve and migrate in the Infinite family because all Infinite solutions are based on the same software, APIs and management.
Highlights of the new releases include:
- 90 days to launch a new video service using Cisco’s As-A-Service deployment model and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Minutes instead of months to activate service enhancements, by moving functionality from device to cloud, where Cisco’s orchestration software automates and simplifies configuration and activation.
- Weekly or more frequent software updates and feature enhancements: Cisco partners with Infinite Solutions customers to give them access to a continuous delivery pipeline of new software features available for rapid trial and deployment. This means Infinite Solutions customers can get new features to market faster than ever before.
Read more: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/service-pro...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more