Video Experts Group Releases Mobile Media SDK for Android and iOS
Monday, January 19, 2015
Video Experts Group has released the VXG Mobile Media SDK for Android and iOS which provides app publishers with the ability to incorporate their own mobile media player into their mobile solution.
The SDK encapsulates all video and streaming related protocols and formats providing developers with the ability to develop low latency video applications such as IPTV, RTSP, or Multi-channel playback.
The VXG Mobile Media SDK offers the following capabilities:
- All major network formats including RTMP, HLS, RTSP, MMS, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP.
- All major file formats including MOV, MP4, AVI, FLV.
- Popular playlists including M3U, XSPF, XML. Automatically builds UI with names and snapshots.
- All possible screen modes including single and multiple embedded screens, full screen, digital zoom, position and aspect.
- Multi-channel playback, smart QoS, video only and key frames only playback.
- Smart thumbnails that providing the ability to automatically extracts “main frame” from live streams and video files.
- HLS replay and seek offer similar to functionality on a standard iOS player.
- RTSP tunnelling over HTTP and HTTPS.
- Encrypted streams playback supports various encrypted formats.
- Recording of streams to the local storage
- Hardware and software decoders - Utilizes hardware decoder where possible, optimized for various platforms.
- Multiple channels, key-frame preview mode, no audio mode, PIP and preview.
- Very low latency with CCTV mode optimized for use with RTSP.
The company is offering a evaluation version of the SDK that all the features of the full version, except the playback time is limited to 1 minute. More information is available on the Video Experts Group website.
Facial detection for verified ad views launches from Jinglz Saturday, April 21, 2018
DevOps practices more likely to integrate automated security Saturday, April 21, 2018
More rewarded mobile ads = higher user engagement Thursday, April 19, 2018
IT Revolution announces DevOps Enterprise Summit Las Vegas 2018 Thursday, April 19, 2018
Reshape the World Challenge launches to help the self-employed Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you