This release includes the support of Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 apps. The release introduces a new unified ‘Windows’ platform to build apps targeting Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 (Note Windows Phone 8.0 still remains as a separate ‘wp8’ platform due to different implementation).
Notable changes include:
- Android and Amazon FireOS platforms include a new whitelist for controlling the launch of external applications via intents. Also support for gradle was added.
- CB-6761 Android: Fix native->JS bridge ceasing to fire when page changes and online is set to false and the JS loads quickly.
- Windows8 platform is now called Windows to indicate the support for windows universal apps. The Windows8/Windows platform now supports building apps targeting Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 in addition to Windows 8 which was originally supported.
- For targeting Windows Phone 8.0, the WP8 is still supported.
- Support for Windows Universal Apps is being added.
Read more: http://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/09/22...
As Apache Cordova representative Steve Gill notes in a blog post
, “If this is 3.6.3, where are 3.6.0, 3.6.1, and 3.6.2? While preparing the 3.6.0 release, the release candidates were published to a write-once repository. When it was discovered that the release candidates needed to be updated, we were unable to modify the write-once repository, so we were forced to bump the version number. This is why all the 3.6 cadence release items are labeled as ‘3.6.3’. So 3.6.3 is the first release of the 3.6.x version. Apologies for the confusion.”
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.