Smart TV Alliance’s New Common App Developer Portal is Now Available
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Developers interested in creating apps for Smart TV’s can now use a single, integrated process to publish their apps to compliant Smart TV Alliance members’ smart TVs through the Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal.
The Smart TV Alliance was launched in 2012 by founding members LG Electronics, TP Vision and Toshiba. The organization has worked to create a “build once, launch everywhere” system for Smart TV apps. This includes streamlining app development, QA and the app publishing process, offering developers an easier way to develop applications, and providing publishers with broader reach.
The newly launched Common Developer Portal accomplishes this goal and offers a five-step process for mass app publication which includes:
- App Development: Integrated environment for app development with common specification and SDK, including IDE, emulator, developer documentation and compliance tooling.
- Developer Support: Free forum for basic technical developer support as well as premium developer support for in-depth and faster responses.
- Joint QA: The joint quality assurance process simplifies app validation, including compatibility verification for compliant members’ TVs in a single QA, and provides developers with access to the joint QA team for technical support.
- Single Contract: A single contract process for publishers includes joint agreement for app distribution on multiple platforms, a standardized contract template, and a one-click agreement with multiple Smart TV Alliance members.
- App Publication: Publish apps to participating members’ compliant smart TVs at once. Currently, the LG, TP Vision (for Philips smart TVs), Toshiba and Panasonic smart TVs will receive the apps when published.
Read more: http://smarttv-alliance.org/Home.aspx
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more