Working remote at faster speeds with Accelion
Monday, July 2, 2018
A managed data access platform, Accelion, is now available by Penguin Computing to provide better data accessibility to high latency network connections.
Penguin Computing announced the availability of the Accelion managed data access platform, a complete managed file transfer and remote access solution that gives global, cross-functional teams the ability to work with vast amounts of geographically dispersed data and do so with greater speed, security, and reliability.
Penguin Computing customers now have the ability to mount remote storage and treat it as if it were local, even over high latency network connections. Because data movement is transparent to the application layer, in many cases the customer may not need to make any workflow changes between working with local data and working with remote data. This can result in reduced delays in both processing time and time-to-insight.
“Exponential data growth, changes in how teams access and use data, as well as ever-increasing pressure to deliver timely business results is transforming the modern data center,” said Philip Pokorny, Chief Technology Officer at Penguin Computing. “The Accelion managed data access platform was designed to remove the limitations of traditional WAN technologies that impact teams working with large, geographically dispersed data sets or who need to ensure backup, business continuity, disaster recovery, and compliance. We are committed to innovation which is why we’re so proud to offer this unique solution to our customers.”
Accelion managed data access platform features:
- Increased Performance: offering ~95% bandwidth utilization and near real-time access.
- Better Transfer Speed: delivers distributed data faster than traditional methods (even over high latency network connections).
- Simplicity: ease of use and management through a configurable, web-based multi-site dashboard for administrators, and graphical client or mount-point access for users.
- Flexibility: offers simple integration into existing infrastructure (IT, LAN, WAN), and is transport protocol independent and compatible with various storage systems (supports industry-standard NFSv3/4 and SMBv3 connectivity, expandable tiered storage with embedded drives or external iSCSI/FC-attached storage).
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more