Winners Announced at Game Developers Choice Awards Ceremony
|Stuart Parkerson in Game Development Thursday, March 5, 2015|
The annual Game Developers Choice Awards winners for 2015 were announced at the Game Developers Conference during an awards ceremony held at the Moscone Center.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor was named Game of the Year and mobile puzzle game Monument Valley won two awards including the Best Visual Art, Innovation and Best Handheld/Mobile Game.
The Game Developers Choice Awards honor the best games of the year, as voted on by developers. Winners are selected by the Game Developers Choice Awards-specific International Choice Awards Network (ICAN), which is an invitation-only group comprised of game creators from all parts of the video game industry.
GDCA winners are:
- Best Debut: Stoic Studio (The Banner Saga)
- Innovation Award: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Best Technology: Destiny (Bungie/Activision)
- Best Audio: Alien: Isolation (Creative Assembly/Sega)
- Ambassador Award: Brenda Romero
- Best Visual Art: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Best Narrative: Kentucky Route Zero: Act III (Cardboard Computer)
- Pioneer Award: David Braben
- Best Design: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (Blizzard)
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Audience Award: Elite: Dangerous (Frontier Developments)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Hironobu Sakaguchi
- Game of the Year: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Read more: http://www.gamechoiceawards.com/