Winners Announced at Game Developers Choice Awards Ceremony
Thursday, March 5, 2015
The annual Game Developers Choice Awards winners for 2015 were announced at the Game Developers Conference during an awards ceremony held at the Moscone Center.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor was named Game of the Year and mobile puzzle game Monument Valley won two awards including the Best Visual Art, Innovation and Best Handheld/Mobile Game.
The Game Developers Choice Awards honor the best games of the year, as voted on by developers. Winners are selected by the Game Developers Choice Awards-specific International Choice Awards Network (ICAN), which is an invitation-only group comprised of game creators from all parts of the video game industry.
GDCA winners are:
- Best Debut: Stoic Studio (The Banner Saga)
- Innovation Award: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Best Technology: Destiny (Bungie/Activision)
- Best Audio: Alien: Isolation (Creative Assembly/Sega)
- Ambassador Award: Brenda Romero
- Best Visual Art: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Best Narrative: Kentucky Route Zero: Act III (Cardboard Computer)
- Pioneer Award: David Braben
- Best Design: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (Blizzard)
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Audience Award: Elite: Dangerous (Frontier Developments)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Hironobu Sakaguchi
- Game of the Year: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Read more: http://www.gamechoiceawards.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more