WhiteSource Releases Tool to Evaluate Security of Open Source Components
|Stuart Parkerson in Open Source Wednesday, June 8, 2016|
WhiteSource has launched a new Selection Tool plug-in providing developers with the ability to identify vulnerable or problematic open source components at the early stages of coding. The browser plug-in allows developers to see full information about specific libraries they wish to use and check if the components meet their company’s open source policies.
The new Selection Tool saves developers time as provides the ability to quickly and check the security and quality of open source components in real-time, without the need to leave their browser window.
The Selection Tool is a browser plug-in that detects a viewed component in a web repository, based on the URL, and cross reference it with WhiteSource’s database and a company’s open source inventory to provide all relevant information to help a developer decide whether they should choose the component or not. The Selection Tool enables developers to know in real-time if the component has security, licensing or quality issues, and if the component is going to pass the organizational policy, or is already in use.
Read more: http://www.whitesourcesoftware.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more