Verivo Introduces Akula v2.5 Enterprise Mobile Application Platform
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Verivo Software has released the latest version of its open enterprise mobile application platform - Akula 2.5. This latest version of the platform improves enterprise readiness with additional authentication options and support for large data sets. There are also upgrades to all aspects of the open, extensible platform including client, server and console improvements.
Akula 2.5 enables IT departments to secure and govern mobile services and applications while allowing development teams to access and reuse these services leveraging the front-end tools of their choice.
Akula 2.5 is an open and extensible platform consists of a J2EE-compliant server, client SDKs, a server SDK, and a GUI management console. It leverages existing security infrastructure and policies to extend authentication, authorization, data protection, and logging to mobile devices. Data is retrieved, aggregated and presented in a mobile-friendly format, and synched with back-end systems so apps can be used off-line. The platform provides the ability for IT to monitor the state of all deployed apps centrally, and push actions to devices on-demand.
New features in Akula 2.5 include:
- Server Auditing: records of all server management changes, logins and logouts;
- OAuth for backend connections: provides connection to data sources that require authentication via the OAuth protocol;
- Hot deploy: allows deployments of new apps or updates to existing apps to the server without restarting Akula.
- OAuth for primary app login: enables mobile app authentication via Facebook, Twitter, Google, and others;
- Large data downloads: splits large data downloads from the server to mobile clients into smaller pieces so that mobile devices can receive and process large amounts of data using limited resources as well as pause and resume for large downloads.
Updated clients SDKs
- Updated Cordova SDK now compatible with latest Cordova release
- iOS Client SDK ready for iOS8
- Android Client SDK ready for Android L
- Ability to view and filter audit records
- Upload an AKZ file for hot deployment
- General UI improvements
- Improved timezone handling
Read more: http://www.verivo.com/mobile-platform/overview/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more