TikTok ban effects
|Freeman Lightner in Apps Tuesday, August 25, 2020|
An executive order has banned TikTok in the U.S by mid-September, it is causing panic in the TikTok community, and the top 100 U.S creators are forecasted to lose $112,968,000 per year.
As you'll know, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to effectively ban TikTok in the US by mid-September, causing waves of panic amongst the TikTok community.
With top creators able to charge thousands for brand collaborations and sponsored posts, 777 broke down the numbers to present to you the biggest potential losers.
The top 10 U.S creators who stand to lose the most are:
1 Charli D'Amelio $4,668,000
2 Addison Easterling $3,288,000
3 Zach King $2,814,000
4 Loren Gray $2,772,000
5 TikTok $2,766,000
6 Spencer X $2,412,000
7 Michael Le $2,172,000
8 BabyAriel $2,070,000
9 Dxdml $2,004,000
10 Will Smith $2,004,000
In total, for the top 100 US creators, a staggering $112,968,000 is forecast to be lost per year because of the ban.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more