The Release of the Splunk MINT Platforms Extends Operational Intelligence to App Developers
|Stuart Parkerson in Programming Wednesday, October 8, 2014|
Splunk is offering two new real-time operational intelligence offerings - Splunk MINT Express and the beta of Splunk MINT Enterprise. The two new offerings allow developers to gain greater operational intelligence from their mobile apps.
Splunk MINT Express is a cloud service which gives mobile app developers a fast path to application intelligence with analytics on app quality, usage and performance. Splunk MINT Enterprise further extends this capability by integrating mobile application data with data in Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud so application developers can gain end-to-end visibility and perform real-time, omni-channel application analytics.
Splunk MINT Enterprise and Splunk MINT Express are the first new products from Splunk’s Bugsense acquisition last year. Both platforms access data from mobile apps that provides insight into user behavior and usage characteristics, which becomes even more valuable when combined with data from other channels, including web and laptop applications, to provide full visibility of user interactions across multiple channels.
Splunk MINT Express offers developers a fast path to mobile application intelligence. Providing the ability to quickly instrument mobile apps and view performance and usage information in an easy-to-use cloud-based console. MINT Express enables developers to:
- Instrument mobile apps with a single line of code.
- Gain real-time insight into the performance, quality and usage of mobile apps.
- Find and fix network and transaction performance issues.
Splunk MINT Enterprise, currently in beta, combines mobile application data with other data available in Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud to provide end-to-end visibility and correlation. The platform provides the ability to:
- Identify availability and performance issues across mobile apps, networks (LTE or Wi-Fi) and back-end systems.
- Gain additional insight into how, where and when mobile apps are being utilized.
- Compare and contrast app performance and usage with web or client-based performance and usage.
- Correlate application usage across mobile, web and other channels to identify business opportunities and patterns.
- Present new insights in real time to IT and business stakeholders using a single platform.
Learn more about the Splunk MINT platforms on the Splunk website.
Read more: http://www.splunk.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more