SRE practitioner certification announced by DevOps Institute
Monday, July 26, 2021
DevOps Institute has announced its Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Practitioner certification that helps candidates validate their deeper application of practices, methods, and tools for advancing site reliability engineering practices at their organizations.
DevOps Institute announced its Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Practitioner certification. This advanced certification helps candidates validate their deeper application of practices, methods, and tools for advancing site reliability engineering practices at their organizations. The SRE Practitioner certification is tailored for anyone focused on large-scale service scalability and reliability with an interest in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches.
“The volume of change is much higher in today’s complex IT environment, which leaves organizations vulnerable to outages and incidents,” said Jayne Groll, CEO of DevOps Institute. “According to DevOps Institute's 2021 Upskilling report, nearly half of respondents voted SRE skills as must-have skills in the process and framework skills domain. DevOps Institute is pleased to offer an advanced SRE certification as a follow-on to the SRE Foundation certification. We’re excited to offer this certification, the first of its kind, to continue skills growth in the SRE area.”
The training and certification instills candidates with tangible takeaways, such as implementing SRE models that fit their organizational context, building advanced observability in distributed systems, building resiliency by design and learning effective incident responses using SRE practices.
Benefits of obtaining an SRE Practitioner Certification include:
- Implementing SRE and DevOps in the right way leading to higher business value
- Designing services for enhanced security, stability and reliability
- Obtaining major improvement strategies for the product in the development, deployment and operations lifecycle
- Increasing the balance between technical investment in reliability and customer experience
- Building fault-tolerant distributed ecosystems that can be tested for risks of disaster
- Building observability and intelligence in operations
- Gaining broader skills-based capabilities that leverage the latest in automation
- Establishing homogenous culture and greater synchronization between product, development and operational teams
Become a DevOps Institute Member
DevOps Institute now offers a tiered professional membership model. Membership levels include Basic, Premium, Government/Nonprofit, Educator, In-Transition, and Enterprise Membership options, with a Student member tier to follow. DevOps Institute Professional Membership offers exclusive access to leading DevOps resources, discounted certification exams, DevOps capability assessments, premium content, discounted DevOps simulation experiences, members-only networking opportunities, career center access, and more.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more