SmartBear Software Adds New Agile Test Management for QAComplete
|Stuart Parkerson in Agile Monday, April 25, 2016|
SmartBear Software has added new Agile test management practices to its latest release of QAComplete, a software testing management tool for managing requirements, tests and defects. With this latest version of the platform SmartBear has revamped the user experience to better support Agile test management practices included a new UX. There is also revamped reporting functionality offered through an updated the dashboard which helps companies customize and present results for Agile testing.
QAComplete 11.0 offers improvements to user experience including a new reporting engine that provides users an ability to customize reports, while allowing QA managers to get a global level view to measure the effectiveness of their testing process as well as traceability across tests, defects and requirements.
The new reporting engine allows reports to be fully customized by selecting specific fields as well as the filtering criteria. Once run, the reports can be exported to multiple formats, including pdf, xls, rtf among others.
New customizable dashboards and custom filters give different members of development teams the ability to present data based on their specific use cases and within the context of the parts of their project. These dashboards can then be saved at the individual level, rather than at the global level, enabling users to keep track of and plan their specific test efforts. The dashboards now include drag and drop functionality as well as new prepopulated dashboards to make the process of visualizing data easier.
The among the new UI improvements is a new splash screen which has been completely revamped including a new title bar on the top for easier navigation. Security improvements include new password security features that allow security administrators to enforce stronger password rules such as a combination of alpha, numeric and non-alphanumeric characters.
With QAComplete companies have the ability to manage, plan, organize, and execute all test cases and defects associated with a release or user story in one single place including the opportunity to:
- Repurpose and reuse assets across testing cycles.
- Customize the platform for a specific development methodology such as Agile, Waterfall, KanBan, Hybrid and others.
- Determine test coverage and ensure tests exists for all requirements.
- Establish clear traceability between requirements, test cases, and defects.
- Integrate with Jira and various other project management and workflow tools.
QAComplete 11.0 is generally available. Pricing starts at $599 per year and a 30-day SaaS trial is available.
Read more: https://smartbear.com/product/qacomplete/overview/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more