SmartBear Adds .NET Framework Functionality to Its API Testing Framework
|Stuart Parkerson in API Wednesday, July 27, 2016|
SmartBear Software has announced that API developers using Visual Studio to build software using the open source .NET Framework can now utilize the SmartBear’s Ready! TestServer API testing framework.
In April SmartBear announced similar support for Java developers using tools like Eclipse, IntelliJ and others. With the .Net announcement developers can now use the open source TestServer SDKs for the Java and .NET framework languages to express their API functional tests in those coding languages.
SmartBear’s Ready! API platform offers an API readiness framework offering a set of graphical and code-based testing tools that includes SoapUI NG for functional testing, LoadUI NG Pro for load testing, ServiceV Pro for API service virtualization, Secure Pro for dynamic API security testing and TestServer for Continuous Integration environments.
In addition to the announced .Net functionally, the Ready! API 1.8 release offers the following new improvements to desktop and server components of the framework:
- Enable users to move to more comprehensive, multi-component, real-world API testing by importing simple tests built using Postman into SoapUI NG Pro.
- Eliminate inter-organizational dependencies by putting API virtualization in the hands of every developer and intuitively manage more granular routing rules across ever-larger numbers of Virts in ServiceV Pro.
- Acknowledge that everyone is accountable for API security and make it easy for them to quickly find and diagnose security vulnerabilities using Secure Pro.
Read more: https://smartbear.com/product/ready-api/overview/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more