Security Brief Protecting Against the OWASP Mobile Top 10
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Thursday, January 7, 2016|
There are over 1.6 million Android apps in the Google Play store. Over 1.5 million apps are in the Apple App Store. For mobile app hackers, today’s mobile environment has never offered a more fertile landscape to phish for user information or implant mobile malware. And never in history has more information been available to exploit.
To understand how mobile application development platforms, frameworks and mobile backend as a service (MBaaS) solutions can provide safeguards to protect your users, Kony has published the white paper - Kony Security Brief: Addressing the OWASP Mobile Top 10 with Kony MobileFabric and Frameworks.
The publication focuses on the OWASP Mobile Top 10 which examines the mobile application threat landscape and is published by OWASP, a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the security of software. Kony’s white paper provides an in-depth look of how Kony has built in protocols to protect your users (and your company from liability) from these vulnerabilities.
Included in the document are the ways Kony has built its platforms to protect users from the OWASP Mobile Top 10 threats:
- Insufficient Transport Layer Protection
- Poor Authorization and Authentication
- Improper Session Handling
- Insecure Data Storage
- Unintended Data Leakage
- Broken Cryptography
- Client Side Injection
- Lack of Binary Protections
- Security Decisions Via Untrusted Inputs
If you are like most of us, you haven’t drilled down into how the app development tools you use actually mobile threat protection. And you don’t have to be a Kony customer to get value from reading the white paper and learning their approach to protect users from vulnerabilities. After reading the paper you’ll probably immediately start researching your own development platform and backend services to see how well it really protects your users.
The white paper is available as a downloadable PDF which you can read and share with other with others in your team.
Read more: http://www.kony.com/resources/white-papers/kony-se...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more