Samsung Delays Introduction of First Tizen Phone
|Ron Beaman in Tizen Wednesday, July 10, 2013|
Roger Cheng of CNET has reported that Samsung has delayed the debut of its first Tizen phone to fourth quarter of this year.
Intel and Samsung are major players behind the new Tizen OS which has been ramping up its efforts to court developers to submit apps to its new ecosystem. It has announced the $4 million (US funds) Tizen App Challenge which allows developers to compete for 54 prizes in nine categories.
Cheng reports that problems with the app store are causing the delayed phone debut.
Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57592111-94/samsu...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more